[omniORB] Error in Config Settings for IDL files in VC++6.0

Stefan Näwe naewe.s at atlas.de
Fri Aug 19 12:55:30 BST 2005

Ishwar B.Goudar wrote:
> hi all,
> i am facing a compilation problem in my IDL project:
> I have a project (.dsp) which consisting of .idl files which I need to make
> as Unicode compatible.
> i configured my project for Win32Unicode Debug and Win32Inicode Release.
> I put a compilation flag called -D _UNICODE In the project settings->
> MIDL->Preprocessor definitions for each idl file and compiled. now its
> giving the following error:
> Error1:
>         midl : command line error MIDL1012 : argument illegal for switch / /D
> Error2:
>         midl : command line error MIDL1003 : error returned by the C   preprocessor
> (2)
>
> can you please help me out in solving this problem.
> if you provide details about "How to make IDL Unicode compatible and Project
> settings for IDL in VC++6.0" then it will be very helpful for me.
>
> your help will be greatly honoured.

Why are you trying to compile CORBA IDL files with M$ 'midl' compiler
(that's for COM IIRC) ?

You have to call 'omniidl' explicitly to compile (or better 'convert')
your CORBA IDL file.

Stefan
Stefan Naewe                                     ATLAS Elektronik GmbH
                                                         Dept.: NUS T4
phone: +49-(0)421-457-3969                Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235
fax:   +49-(0)421-457-3913                                28305 Bremen