[omniORB] IDL formal parameter name clash

Brian Wallis brian.wallis at ot.com.au
Fri Apr 29 16:59:46 BST 2005

For the IDL
  module aSAP {
      typedef long ASAP_T;
  };

  interface Test {
      void getASAP(
          in string aSAPName,
          out aSAP::ASAP_T aSAP);
  };

I get the following error:
% omniidl -bpython test.idl
test.idl:8: Declaration of parameter 'aSAP' clashes with use of identifier
'aSAP'
test.idl:8:  ('aSAP' used here)
omniidl: 1 error.

The IDL is a simplification of some IDL from the TMForum's TMF814 interface
definition (version 3.0) and I believe it is correct.

I cannot find anything in the corba spec that would lead me to believe that a
formal parameter name should clash with a module name as implied by the
error.

Is this an omniidl bug? I'm running omniorb-4.0.5 and omniorbpy-2.5 on a
gentoo system with a 2.6.10 kernel.

--
brian wallis...
Open Telecommunications