[omniORB] Fail to run omniEvents 2.6 on AIX 5.1

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Wed Apr 27 12:35:53 BST 2005

Hi caoy,

> Alex Tingle , I'm surely used xlC_r as you said. I added -qrtti=all
> when building both omniORB and omniEvents,but the problems is still in
> there.

> I noticed the readme of omniEvents said omniEvents had been tested in
> AIX 5.1, is that true?

Well, I've tried it here, and it works fine. I did not turn on RTTI for
omniORB, just for omniEvents.

OS: AIX v5.1
Compiler: "VisualAge C++ Professional / C for AIX Compiler, Version 5"
omniORB: latest version of omniORB4.0 from CVS
  (branch omni4_0_develop, 4.0.6 should be OK)

I first tried it with omniORB4.0.3, but omniORB SEGV'd somewhere in the
thread handling code. I have not had problems with 4.0.3 before, but
upgrading it seemed to fix this problem.

omniORBpy still fails to run, so you can't run the omniEvents test
suite on AIX. The examples programs run perfectly well though, and the
server passes the test suite when it's run from another machine that
does have omniORBpy.

If you are still having problems, then do this:
1. Make sure you have the latest (stable) omniORB, and the latest
omniEvents (HEAD branch from CVS).
2. Rebuild & re-install omniORB.
3. Rebuild & re-install omniEvents.
4. If it still crashes, then get me a stack dump: Run it in the
debugger, when it crashes type 'where' and send me the result.

good luck,

-Alex Tingle

--
Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer... not a mind reader!