[omniORB] reliability

Wernke zur Borg Wernke.zur.Borg at vega.de
Wed Apr 20 09:01:33 BST 2005

> Could someone tell me why client program exits when my server stops ?

Most probably there is a bug in your program. Are you catching exceptions?

> I need to know how to retry connect to server after loosing it.

I guess you have to restart your program. If you manage to keep it up just
re-invoke your method. Connection handling is ORB internal.

> It seams there isn't any exception management when server is
> disconnected from the network (or crashed).

Yes, there is. Are you catching exceptions?

> How to make client application reliable in all that cases ?

Put a try-catch block around all method invocations on remote objects.

Robustness and reliability does not come for free. You would have to become
more specific if this does not help.

Regards, Wernke