[omniORB] _narrow + exception

Julien Teisseire zzteisseire at echo.fr
Tue Apr 19 17:15:09 BST 2005

Hi,

I am totally new using omniorb.
I am trying to understant functionning, especially regarding how to
retry to handle an object even if server is not connected, but another
server can respond to me.

Today, I never successfully catch _narrow exception.
See here the code :
AConnector_ptr e;
	try {
		e = AConnector::_narrow(obj);
	}

	catch(CORBA::COMM_FAILURE&)
	{
		cerr << "Caught system exception COMM_FAILURE -- unable to instance a new object." << endl;
	}
	catch(CORBA::TRANSIENT&)
	{
		cerr << "Caught system exception TRANSIENT -- unable to instance a new object." << endl;
	}
	catch(CORBA::SystemException&)
	{
		cerr << "Caught a CORBA::SystemException while using the naming service." << endl;
	}

My server is down, I get something like : "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CORBA::TRANSIENT'"
But I never enter inside my catch sections ....

My purpose is to retry resolving reference if I get an error, but I did not successfully catch error ...

Maybe someone could help me.
REgards,
Julien