[omniORB] Using omniorb as shared library

Frederico Faria fred_faria at yahoo.com.br
Sat Apr 16 19:23:09 BST 2005

Hi,

 I have used the omniorb into a shared library that is
loaded  dynamicaly into a 3rd party software engine,
like  a  plugin.
  Then I  have noted 2 problems with this
configuration:

     1- The resolve_initial_references() is returning
a Corba::Exception. It is not a bug because  I use
this  same code   - but not like a plugin - to contact
the same remote server and I dont get the problem.
Any hint ?

    2- The other problem is with the a SEGV that I am
getting. See stack trace below got from gdb using the
core file. But I dont have yet more information about
that SEGV.  That problem also doesnt arise when I run
the code like a normal aplication.
The plugin engine - that load my shared library - is
multithread. But the slice of code where the problem
arises is single-thread because it is in the my class
constructor that is executed only when the shared
library is loaded at first time. In the shared library
I create  only one instance of my class.
The plugin engine uses other threads implementation
such as JTCThreads, and pthreads. But I think that it
shoud not have linked to the problem.

My environment is Solaris 9.

Thank you,

Frederico Faria

        #0  0xff380b20 in free ()   from
/usr/lib/libmtmalloc.so
#1  0xf6bbd210 in
__malloc_alloc_template<0>::deallocate () at
/usr/local/include/omnithread.h:639
#2  0xf6bbd244 in simple_alloc<char,
__malloc_alloc_template<0> >::deallocate () at /usr/local/include/omnithread.h:639