[omniORB] Unmarshalling IOR's from clients that do not use KeyAddr referencing.

graeme smith graeme.smith28 at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 12 23:24:52 BST 2005

Hi,
	I am attempting to use omiorb4.0.5 from a c++ exe to connect to
a visibroker 4.5 orb server.
	The client successfully communicates with the server and
registers a callback with the server.
	The callback reaches the client successfully bidirectionally but
throws an exception back to the server.

	On tracing the Omniorb code the problem comes fom giop_s.cc

Void GIOP_S::unmarshalIORAddressingInfo() {
	 .
		#if 0 // XXX Not finalise yet
		    _OMNI_NS(giopAddressList) addresses;
		    IIOP::extractAddresses(decodedBody,addresses);
		    if ( isLocal(addresses) ) {
		      keysize((int)decodedBody.object_key.length());

memcpy((void*)key(),decodedBody.object_key.get_buffer(),keysize());
		    }
		    // XXX delete all the addresses.
		#else
		    OMNIORB_ASSERT(0);
		#endif

		The code appears to be quite happy to accept KeyAddr
addresses, but profile and reference addresses will always
OMNIORB_ASSERT(0);
		I assume that this is code yet to be finished.

		Is this the case ?

cheers