[omniORB]Is it possible to port omniORB to Xscale or StrongArm machine?

Sang Yong Park utri at ece.skku.ac.kr
Tue Apr 12 23:46:13 BST 2005

Thanks for your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:duncan at grisby.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:10 PM
To: Sang Yong Park
Cc: Users omniORB
Subject: Re: [omniORB]Is it possible to port omniORB to Xscale or StrongArm
machine?

On Monday 11 April, "Sang Yong Park" wrote:

>> As I mentioned the titile above, is there any way to port omniORB to
Xscale
>> (PXA 255 or later version) or StrongArm machine?

> What operating system?  For Linux, I think it should just work, as long
> as you have a recent version of gcc. To cross compile, you shouldn't use
> the configure script, but use the platform configuration files.

Ok, I will try to do it. As you said, I wanna port it to linux box with
Xscale.

>> Another question is how to use omniMapper program and what is used for.
>> I have tried to use it several times but I could not find how to do it..

> What are you trying to achieve?  omniMapper has a brief description in
> the omniORB manual:

>  http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/omni30/omniORB/omniORB004.html#toc21

I'm using linux box. I have read the manual, and tried to execute
omniMapper.
The only thing what I have to do is to make a omniMapper.cfg in /etc
directory.

# Example omniMapper.cfg
NameService         	IOR:000f...
InterfaceRepository 	IOR:0100...   <<-- What is this? How to make IOR?
Should I use geniro utility?

I could not make sense~~

Thanks for your help again...