[omniORB] feeding nil objrefs in python

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it
Sat Apr 9 16:05:42 BST 2005

Hi,
    it appears that is not possible to transport a fully qualified nil
object reference within an any generated by pyhon.
For a given interface Folder, we can build an any containing a nil
reference by:

any = CORBA.Any(CORBA.TypeCode(CORBA.id(Folder)), Folder._nil)

and fetch it on a C++ server side as:

CORBA::Object_ptr obj;
any >>= CORBA::Any::to_object(obj);

However, while the transported typecode appears to be a Folder, the
fetched obj is a generic CORBA::Object::_nil() and not a Folder::_nil().
If we feed a non-nil reference, the fetched object is properly qualified
as a Folder reference.

Renzo Tomaselli