[omniORB] overview

Julien Teisseire zzteisseire at echo.fr
Thu Apr 7 16:37:57 BST 2005

Hi Alex,

I have to do both. Details :
I have 3 pools of 10 servers each.
Each time my process is receiving a request, I have to ask one server on
each group (3 in my example).
Next request will be send also 3 times to different servers on each
groups.

If I well understand, orb can help me to :
1/ load balance between servers inside a pool
2/ multicast pools

Finally, process will have to retrieve results from pools and merge it.

In classical client/server (socket mngt, event, threading, ...) I can do
that.
But is orb adapted for doing that much efficiently ?

Thank you;
Julien