[omniORB] Choosing specific end-points

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Apr 4 18:19:17 BST 2005

On Monday 4 April, "Wernke zur Borg" wrote:

> I do not believe you can switch endpoints at runtime, although I would love
> to hear a different statement.

There is no API to do it, but it wouldn't be impossible (although it
would be ugly) to add one.

In case you've missed it, it's possible to set the client's preference
for particular endpoints using the clientTransportRule configuration
parameter. That should be sufficient for many needs.

If you really do want to modify the endpoint order, an alternative to
hacking the ORB is to unmarshal a stringified object reference into an
IOR struct using the correct IDL definitions (which I've attached). You
can then modify the endpoints and remarshal it. I have Python code that
does that, except that it rewrites object keys rather than endpoints.