[omniORB] using omniINSPOA

Rui Pedro Fernandes RPFernandes at SE.EFACEC.PT
Mon Apr 4 15:07:26 BST 2005

Hi all,

This is the first time I post a message, so I greet you all warmly.

I've started using omniORB recently and I have an application that runs one
instance of a corba server with a well-known name. The server listens to a
specific port number and I'm using the omniINSPOA for clients to reference
the server via a corbaloc uri (I'm not using the naming service).
The problem I'd like you to help me on is that I want to make sure there is
only one instance of the application running in may system. However I found
that if I run another instance of the application both servers become active
and clients randomly talk with one of the two. This is not surprising, but
is it a correct behaviour from the point of view of omniORB?

Thanks a lot,
Rui Pedro