[omniORB] Error creating JTC Thread inside OmniORB thread??

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Sep 24 14:10:41 BST 2004

On Thursday 16 September, Stein-Ole wrote:

> I'm currently attempting to port some code from Orbacus to OmniORB, but I
> keep coming up against a problem whenever I try to create a JTC thread
> inside what I think is an OmniORB thread. Below is a typical example.
>
> One of the processes I have tried to port to OmniORB core dumps when
> running it. When running dbx, I get the following output :-

I don't know anything about JTC threads. Perhaps they assume they are
started from either the main thread or another JTC thread. In that
case, the omniORB thread would upset it.

On another tack, blowing up inside malloc is usually a sign that
you've corrupted memory somewhere along the line. Try running under
Purify or similar.