[omniORB] Omniorb vs. Jacorb interoperability

Wilson Jimmy - jiwils Jimmy.Wilson at acxiom.com
Thu Sep 16 10:26:45 BST 2004

What does your interface look like, and what types of data are you sending
the server?

We use JacORB on the client side to talk to TAO servers (omniORB has only
been used in testing...sigh).  The JacORB client-side does indeed multiplex,
but this is only a problem when the server side takes a long time and/or the
amount of data being sent across the wire is extremely large.  In the past 3
years, we have only had a single situation where JacORB did not perform due
to client-side multiplexing, however in that situation, something akin to
single-threaded behavior did appear to be happening (obviously).  We have
been investigating how to add an omniORB-like connection model to JacORB for
these types of situations, and I have posted to the JacORB mailing list
about this specific issue.

If you want to talk more specifically about JacORB, you can mail me
directly.  I am sure that this list does not care about Java ORBs too much!
;)

Jimmy
--
James "Jimmy" Wilson