[omniORB] Mingw win32 bug

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Sep 13 15:12:01 BST 2004

On Monday 13 September, "Al Slater" wrote:

> > Please can you try the latest CVS?  I've changed one thing
> > that might fix the problem. If it still doesn't work, try
> > taking out the #ifndef __WIN32__ on line 418 and report if that works.
>
> I got the latest from cvs which is version 1.1.2.22 and removed the
> #ifndef on line 408 (not 418) and recompiled.  Everything worked fine
> then.

The anonymous CVS is clearly a bit behind the times. The latest
version is 1.1.2.23. Anyway, your reply tells me what I wanted to
know. select() on Windows doesn't need the first parameter to be set
to the number of file descriptors in the set. Clearly mingw does.
What defines does mingw set?  How does it implement fd_sets?