[omniORB] Dynamic serverTransportRule?

Alex Tingle alex.omniorb at firetree.net
Sat Sep 11 15:33:12 BST 2004

Is is possible to temporarily disallow incoming calls from remote
clients, while still permitting calls from localhost or just from the
current process?

I have an application that needs an intial start-up phase, when it can
only receive internal calls. After this startup phase, remote clients
can start to call the application.

So can I change the serverTransportRule dynamically at runtime?

Alternatively, perhaps I could use an interceptor to check the client's
identity. I don't really want to implement a fully-fledged
authentication scheme. It seems like overkill for such a simple problem.

Suggestions welcome.

-Alex

--
:: alex tingle
:: 58 kings way, harrow, mddx. uk. HA1 1XU