[omniORB] maxGIOPConnectionPerServer

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it
Fri Oct 29 11:56:02 BST 2004

Hi,
    we noticed that in some complex situations, with many client threads
connecting to the same server process, it's fairly easy to reach deadlocks
if for any reason those threads gets blocked inside the server, waiting for
resources to become free.
This occurs when the client thread number gets higher than
maxGIOPConnectionPerServer.
Hence a simple question: is there any reason why such limit could not be set
to unlimited (e.g. very high) when a process starts up - or even better - by
default ? E.g. resource usage, bad performance, and so on.
If not, I would suggest to move actual default of 5 to unlimited.
Btw, this limit introduces unexpected blockings just as a side effect of
moving services from a place to another, exactly the kind of thing CORBA
expects to be fully transparent.
Regards,

Renzo Tomaselli