[omniORB] omniEvents 2.6.0 (All new stable release)

Alex Tingle alex.omniorb at firetree.net
Fri Oct 8 21:56:26 BST 2004

Janet,

Janet Tvedt <tvedt at noao.edu> wrote:
> Wow - this is very good!  I think this is comparable to what I've seen
> with omniNotify.  Do you think that typed event channels helped to
> achieve this performance increase?   I'm wondering if one could expect
> similar performance gains if omniNotify were revamped.

omniEvents does NOT implement typed event channels. (Actually the OMG's
typed event service interface is a bit strange. I'm not sure who would
use it.)

omniEvents is much simpler than omniNotify - the CosNotification spec is
a superset of the CosEventService. omniEvents does not support any
per-proxy behaviour - event messages are just a CORBA::Any which goes in
one end and comes out the other.

-Alex

--
:: alex tingle