[omniORB] Nameservice

Stefan Näwe naewe.s at atlas.de
Tue Nov 30 14:52:39 GMT 2004

maccari.francesca at tin.it wrote:
> The line where the program crash is
>
> initServ = orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService");
>
> the command ORBInitRef is not know...

Pardon me ?
'ORBInitRef' is not a command. The command is the name of your program,
e.g. 'eg3_impl'.
You have to pass '-ORBInitRef...' as a commandline to 'eg3_impl' like
this (adjusted to you environment, of course):

  eg3_impl -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc::localhost:2809/NameService

That's the standard way to configure CORBA applications, or - to be more
precise - the standard way to configure resolve_initial_references().

I really don't want to pee at your leg (as we say in Germany) but do
you think you're the right guy for all this ?
Have you ever attended some kind or CORBA class or even read a book
(as I suggested, previously) about CORBA ?
Programming CORBA apps. is actually pretty easy but you need to learn
some details to succeed (and configuring resolve_initial_reference()
is one of them...).

Cheers
   Stefan
Stefan Naewe                                     ATLAS Elektronik GmbH
                                                          Dept.: NUS T4
phone: +49-(0)421-457-3969                Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235
fax:   +49-(0)421-457-3913                                28305 Bremen