[omniORB] Distribution of programs using omniORB

Stefan Näwe naewe.s at atlas.de
Mon Nov 29 15:43:15 GMT 2004

Birgit Rahm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have written a program using omniORB and omniORBpy.
> Now I have to distribute it. As far as I know, omniORB and omniORBpy are
> freeware.

omniORB and omniORBpy are not freeware. They are free software [1]

> So there is no doubt for license. But I dont want my clients to
> install the full ORB.
> My question is: how can I find out which files are neccessary to distribute
> with my program? Is the a runtime environment like the Java JRE? Or a list
> which files are needed? Or what can I do?

Use a tool like 'Dependency Walker'[2] to check the DLL dependencies of
your program on Windows or 'ldd <program-name>' on UNIX-like systems.

Don't know how the check Python dependencies.

HTH
    Stefan

[1] http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
[2] http://www.dependencywalker.com/
Stefan Naewe                                     ATLAS Elektronik GmbH
                                                          Dept.: NUS T4
phone: +49-(0)421-457-3969                Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235
fax:   +49-(0)421-457-3913                                28305 Bremen