[OmniOrb] server lockup from connection close race condition

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Nov 29 12:43:24 GMT 2004

On Friday 19 November, Jeremy Van Grinsven wrote:

> I attached the crude and nasty patch I used to fix the disconnect race
> condition.

I have finally had a chance to look into this properly. It turns out
that the race condition can lead to accessing a deleted object, as well
as trying to select on a closed file descriptor.

I have attached a patch to giopServer.cc that I believe fixes the issue
in a clean manner. Please test this patch if you've been seeing the race
condition. I've never managed to trigger the race without adding
artificial delays, but I'm pretty certain this avoids it.