[omniORB] Trying to use bidir and corbaloc together (problem with "omniINSPOA")

Mark JentZ mark.jentz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 14:09:39 GMT 2004

I am trying to build a CORBA application where the client can be
installed on a customer network where there is only one outgoing TCP
port open.

Since I need to use (or would prefer to use) callbacks to push
information from my server app to clients I assume I ought to use
bidirectional giop. I can't assume that my clients will be able to
contact a NamingServer since the only outgoing port they will have
open will be to my CORBA server. I have working examples that use the
special omniORB POA which solves my naming service problem since
clients simply use corbaloc to connect to my server.

The problem for me is how do I make CORBA objects work with bidir if
the "omniINSPOA" doesn't support that policy?? I can't require
customers to start a seprate omniNAMES process on their site :/

Thanks in advance for any tips :D

Mark Jentz