[omniORB] from Orbix to omniorb

Stefan Näwe naewe.s at atlas.de
Mon Nov 22 08:31:58 GMT 2004

maccari.francesca at tin.it wrote:
> After several days of porting from Orbix to OmniOrb my code

Did you encounter any severe Problems ? What did you need to change in your
code ?

> I have this error...
>
> Error 419: "./CorbaArchive_CorbaManager_i.h", line 29 # 'CorbaManagerBOAImpl'
> is used as a type, but has not been defined as a type. : public virtual
>  CorbaArchive::CorbaManagerBOAImpl
>
> Someone Know if can be a compilation error or is and error due to the facts
> that CorbaArchive_CorbaManager_i.h is a Orbix implentation?

I would say it's due to the fact that your code seems to use BOA which
can be very un-portable between different ORBs. I'd suggest switching
your code over to POA (e.g. derive your CorbaManager_i from
POA_CorbaArchive::CorbaManager ), which is the standard (and most portable)
way to implement CORBA servants.

BTW: Have you read "Advanced CORBA Programming with C++" (Henning/Vinoski) ?
You should really read it if you haven't already.

Cheers
   Stefan
Stefan Naewe                                     ATLAS Elektronik GmbH
                                                          Dept.: NUS T4
phone: +49-(0)421-457-3969                Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235
fax:   +49-(0)421-457-3913                                28305 Bremen