[omniORB] Fw: Compilation Error - OmniORB 3 with VC++ 7 on Xp

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Wed Nov 17 10:15:07 GMT 2004

Hi Rahul,

rahul.sapar at tcs.com wrote:
> Thanks for your reply .
>
> I think problem I am facing is still in a 'Known Issue' list of release
> 4.0.5
> *- iostream insertion and extraction operators for CORBA types are not*
> *   implemented.*
 > Am I right ?

No, because the error you are getting refers to operator>>= , whereas
iostream extraction uses operator>> .

> if NOT then what is the reason for the error I am getting ?

As you noticed, OmniORB 3.x.x does not build with VC++ 7.  I believe
that support for VC++ 7.x was first available in omniorb 4.0.2.

I would suggest using the latest version, 4.0.5, if possible.  If you
must use OmniORB 3 then you must also use VC++ 6.

Regards,
Luke.