[omniORB] Beginner's question about corbaloc

fischer.c at atlas.de fischer.c at atlas.de
Mon Nov 15 15:44:19 GMT 2004

In my eyes _this() (as skeleton method) simply tries to do too much in one go.
Having a function that serves three different purposes, depending on the context in which it is called, is possibly very confusing and may lead to errors that are hard to detect (see my last mail, even the VisiBroker developers haven't understood).

Unless you precisely know about the context in which you call _this(),
i would always suggest to go the straight way without any ifs and buts:

1. activate_object
2. id_to_reference
3. _narrow

Best Regards