[omniORB] Beginner's question about corbaloc

Clarke Brunt clarke.brunt at yeomannavigation.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 13:51:12 GMT 2004

<fischer.c at atlas.de> wrote:

>I just found it in http://www.omg.org/docs/formal/03-06-03.pdf,
>the current version of the C++ Language Mapping, in chapter
>1.37.5. 'Skeleton Operations'. Thanks for pointing that out.
>
>After reading the third chapter i understand what happens in the
>case of an already activated servant incarnating exactly one object.
>But the last sentence is a bit confusing:
>"The POA is gotten by invoking _default_POA() on the servant".
>
>Would this mean that _default_POA() in this situaton returned a POA
>other than the root POA, although it is not overriden?

I must admit, I don't know preceisely what that means either. I can't
believe that the baseclass implementation of _default_POA() would do
anything other than return the root POA. Does it in fact mean that you
_still_ have to override _default_POA(), and then if the returned POA has a
single activation of the object, then that's the object reference you get?
That seems the only logical explanation of what it says, in which case if
you don't override _default_POA(), then you might _still_ get an inadvertent
activation in the root POA.

--
Clarke Brunt, Principal Software Engineer, Yeoman Navigation