[omniORB] From Orbix To OmniOrb

Stefan Näwe naewe.s at atlas.de
Mon Nov 15 10:50:04 GMT 2004

maccari.francesca at tin.it wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to migrate a process from Orbix to OmniOrb...did you have some document
> or information about it?!? In particular which are the main differents and
> so on...

I recently ported code from VisiBroker to omniORB. The only changes I
had to make were illegal usages of generated '_var' types. We were relying
on some feateures generated by the VisiBroker IDL2CPP that were no longer
available in the omniidl generated code (because the omniidl generated
code is more closely to the OMG specs.!)

Cheers
   Stefan

P.S. Maybe you could write down the thing you had to change in your
code ?
Stefan Naewe                                     ATLAS Elektronik GmbH
                                                          Dept.: NUS T4
phone: +49-(0)421-457-3969                Sebaldsbruecker Heerstr. 235
fax:   +49-(0)421-457-3913                                28305 Bremen