[omniORB] maxGIOPConnectionPerServer

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Nov 12 14:39:24 GMT 2004

On Friday 29 October, "Renzo Tomaselli" wrote:

>     we noticed that in some complex situations, with many client threads
> connecting to the same server process, it's fairly easy to reach deadlocks
> if for any reason those threads gets blocked inside the server, waiting for
> resources to become free.
> This occurs when the client thread number gets higher than
> maxGIOPConnectionPerServer.
> Hence a simple question: is there any reason why such limit could not be set
> to unlimited (e.g. very high) when a process starts up - or even better - by
> default ?

You can set it in the configuration file. There's no particular reason
for setting it to 5 by default, just a general aim not to overload a
server with many concurrent connections, and not to create an enormous
number of connections.

If you are going to use a large number of concurrent threads calling a
single server, you would be better off setting oneCallPerConnection to
false, allowing multiple concurrent calls to share a single GIOP
connection.