[omniORB] Compile warnings on HP UX 11.23 (ia64, aCC 5.55)

Matej Kenda matej.kenda at hermes.si
Fri Nov 12 14:41:15 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I am porting omniORB to latest HP UX version. I have managed to compile
and use omniORB already on ia64 (64-bit).

However, aCC 5.55 writes a warning that worries me:

Warning (anachronism) 823:
"/home/matejk/hippo/3rdparty/omniORB4/include/omniORB4/poa_operators.h",
line 79 # Redundant preprocessing concatenation operation results in two
valid preprocessing tokens. Depending on this implementation defined
behavior will result in non-portable code.

OMNIORB_DECLARE_POLICY_OBJECT_OPERATORS(PortableServer::ThreadPolicy)

The same goes for:
OMNIORB_DECLARE_POLICY_OBJECT_OPERATORS(PortableServer::LifespanPolicy)
OMNIORB_DECLARE_POLICY_OBJECT_OPERATORS(PortableServer::IdUniquenessPolicy)
OMNIORB_DECLARE_POLICY_OBJECT_OPERATORS(PortableServer::IdAssignmentPolicy)
OMNIORB_DECLARE_POLICY_OBJECT_OPERATORS(PortableServer::ImplicitActivationPolicy)
OMNIORB_DECLARE_POLICY_OBJECT_OPERATORS(PortableServer::ServantRetentionPolicy)
OMNIORB_DECLARE_POLICY_OBJECT_OPERATORS(PortableServer::RequestProcessingPolicy)

The macro is defined like this:

#define OMNIORB_DECLARE_POLICY_OBJECT_OPERATORS(name) \
void operator<<=(CORBA::Any&, name##Value); \
CORBA::Boolean operator>>=(const CORBA::Any&,name##Value& );

Does anyone have a hint to resolve this warning?

Thanks,

Matej

P.S.: I will send the diffs to the mailing list after I complete porting
to 11.23 PA-RISC.

--
Matej Kenda, Lead Engineer
HERMES SoftLab (www.hermes-softlab.com)