[omniORB] Header file conflicts in OS X.

Toby Smith tob at idlehands.net
Sat Nov 6 09:49:28 GMT 2004

On Nov 3, 2004, at 1:52 PM, Visscher, Bruce wrote:

> Personally, I think Apple is at fault here, not omniORB.
>
>> Changing the instances of 'nil' on those lines to 'is_nil'
>> will make the
>> world a much happier place.
>
> I don't like that at all.  I think is_nil should be reserved for
> member functions.

The reason I went with this is because I found examples of exactly this
usage in the existing HOL source.  See poa.h:441 and poa.h:646.
Perhaps I was looking at a chunk of the code that you don't like.

I also agree that defining nil is a bit wonky on Apple's/Next's part.
And yes, it's easy enough to #undef nil before including the omniORB
headers.  I just thought a change along these lines might make some
future user's life a bit simpler.

Tob