[omniORB] Using omniORB libraries with Visual C++.net 2003/7.1

PPJ de Krom dekrom at fel.tno.nl
Fri Nov 5 10:59:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am having problems debugging my application using Visual C++.net
20003.
I understood that this requires a build from the source.
Using the readme.win32.txt and a posting to this list I hoped I would
get far.

I have installed omniORB 4.0.5 sources, downloaded
and unzipped in the same directory omnipython-x86_win32.zip.
Installed cygwin from
http://www.uk.research.att.com/pub/omniORB/gnu-win32-lite.zip

1. from a command prompt called vcvars.bat from MS Visual C++.
2. added C:\gnuwin32\bin to my path
3. setup gnuwin, got more messages, but believe it completed succesfully

in config.mk uncommented  'platform = x86_nt_4.0_vs_7'
x86_nt_4.0_vs_7.mk uncommented PYTHON = $(ABSTOP)/$(BINDIR)/omnipython
Should I comment PYTHON = /cygdrive/c/Python22/python

start \gnuwin32\bin\bash --login -i
make export

Get error:
Fatal: Unable to open makefile

At random trying:
bash-2.04$ make  -f GNUmakefile.in
MAKE Version 5.2  Copyright (c) 1987, 1998 Inprise Corp.
Error GNUmakefile.in 8: Command syntax error
Error GNUmakefile.in 9: Command syntax error
Error GNUmakefile.in 10: Command syntax error
*** 3 errors during make ***

dir.mk and GNUmakefile also result in syntax errors.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.