[omniORB] Building OmniOrb 4.0.3, Redhat Advanced Server 3.0, gcc 3.2.3

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen at trema.com
Fri May 14 11:20:24 BST 2004

On Thursday 13 May 2004 20:18, Bill Cassanova wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has been succesful building OmniOrb 4.0.3
> on an Itanium running Redhat Advanced Server 3.0
> and gcc 3.2.3.

I did it without real problems on Advanced Server 2.1.   Gcc I
compiled myself, configured as:

./configure --prefix=/opt/gcc32 --enable-shared --enable-threads
--enable-languages=c,c++

> The error I'm getting is:
> ../omniORB4/NamingSK.cc: In function `void
>    __static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)':
> ../omniORB4/NamingSK.cc:1414: Internal compiler error in
> simplify_gen_subreg, at simplify-rtx.c:2729

I don't remember this one, but it has been a year so I'm not sure.
There were some 64 bit issues at the time, but those were resolved in
later OmniORB releases.

 Typically it is the optimizer that gets confused, so you might try
without optimization.  Alternatively I expect gcc 3.3.3 to be better.

Regards,

Harri