[omniORB] alternate address / endPointNoListen per POA.

Alex Tingle alex.omniorb at firetree.net
Sat Mar 27 12:18:48 GMT 2004

Hello,

I want to use CORBA alternate addresses. The only way I know to do this
is to set the ORB parameter `endPointNoListen'. That sets an alternate
address for every object hosted by that ORB.

Is it possible to control this more finely? I only want some of my
objects to have alternate addresses. Ideally I would be able to set the
endPointNoListen parameter for just one POA.

If I must set the alternate end point ORB-wide, then is there any reason
my process shouldn't have a second ORB with different endPoint
parameters? Does anyone have practical experience of using more than one
ORB per process?

-Alex Tingle