[omniORB] omniidl dropping out with an error

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Thu Mar 25 18:40:15 GMT 2004

Check your PYTHONPATH environment variable. The `omniidl' executable is
just a thin wrapper around a python script. The python script then
looks for the REAL omniidl, which is a python module found somewhere in
the PYTHONPATH.

This means that you can be running the 'new' executable, but still
getting the 'old' behaviour!

To find out which omniidl you are using, try this:

% python
 >>> import omniidl
 >>> omniidl.__path__
['/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/omniidl']

-Alex

--
Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer... not a mind reader!