[omniORB] thread stack usage in onmiORB

Jon Kristensen jon.kristensen at kongsberg.com
Tue Mar 23 15:46:43 GMT 2004

Hi,

I recently upgraded from omniORB4.0.0 to 4.0.3 (snapshot dated 17.03.2004)
and noticed that thread stack usage has increased significantly.

I am developing embedded systems with limited amounts of RAM memory
available, and try to keep the thread stacks as small as possible. With
v4.0.0 I could get by with stacks of 12-16kBytes, while I had to doble
that to 24-32 kBytes to avoid stack overflows when I switched to v4.0.3.

The platform is venturcom ETS which is more or less identical to a NT4.0
build.

Anyone else seen this?

With Regards
Jon Kristensen