[omniORB] omniORBpy: Howto install modules independently?

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Fri Mar 19 15:56:39 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have a general question on how to handle multiple generated Python files.
I have two software packages, A and B, both containing omniORBpy-based
software.  Both software packages must be installable independently of each
other.  In both software packages the software is based on some IDL files,
in package A:

module X {
  module Y {
    interface A { ... };
  };
};

And in package B:

module X {
  module Y {
    interface B { ... };
  };
};

The problem is in the generated __init__.py files.  Package A installes
an X/__init__.py and Y/__init__.py, but package B will try to install
the same file, but with different content.  How to handle this conflict?
Thanks in advance!

Cheers, WB