[omniORB] Python-Echo-Example

Holger Rodriguez holger.rodriguez at gmx.net
Fri Mar 19 15:41:22 GMT 2004

Hi,
I'm not new to Python and not new to CORBA,
but new to applying both techniques at the same time....

My question is:
The echo example is working fine with explicit IOR arg on the command line,
but with Naming Service I get the following error message from the client
(and of course the naming service IS started, the server can connect to and
register):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\TEMP\tmep\example-ns_clt.py", line 7, in ?
    obj = orb.resolve_initial_references("NameService")
  File "c:\omniORBpy-2.3\lib\python\omniORB\CORBA.py", line 480, in
resolve_init
ial_references
    return _omnipy.orb_func.resolve_initial_references(self, identifier)
omniORB.CORBA.NO_RESOURCES: Minor: NO_RESOURCES_InitialRefNotFound,
COMPLETED_NO.

Environment:
os=Win2k
Python V2.3.3