[omniORB] propagating exceptions

Srikanth Mandava Srikanth.Mandava at cosinecom.com
Tue Mar 16 11:00:53 GMT 2004

Here is one example.

The application code is in commandexecutor.py which has the following
function. The exec is doing the CORBA execution. But the exception never
gets here. It exits in the CORBA omni orb stub itself.

def executeShowConfigCommand(commandString, localStore) :

    result = None
    commandResult = constants.FAILURE

    try :
        #print commandString
        exec(commandString, helpers.__dict__, localStore)
        commandResult = constants.SUCCESS

    except (AgentIllegalArgumentException), e :
        handleAgentException(e)

    except (AgentObjectNotFoundException), e :
        #print '\n Object does not exist'
        pass

    except (Exception), e :
        handleClientException('CLI-0003', None)
        helpers.printExceptionTrace()

    if localStore.has_key('result') :
        result = localStore['result']

    return commandResult, result

03/12/04 22:52:39 : Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./commandexecutor.py", line 117, in executeShowConfigCommand
    exec(commandString, helpers.__dict__, localStore)
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/opt/ipnos/cli/generated/omniidl/systemservice_idl.py", line 1354,
in showBootConfigConfig
    return _omnipy.invoke(self, "showBootConfigConfig",
_0_cosinecom.agent.SystemService._d_showBootConfigConfig, args)
INV_OBJREF: Minor: 0x0, COMPLETED_NO