[omniORB] hung on obj._narrow: location forward?

sevaAtWork at mail.ru sevaAtWork at mail.ru
Tue Mar 16 17:18:37 GMT 2004

> > When I call
> >   obj._narrow(NamingContextExt)
> > it is never return.

> I don't completely follow what's going on here. Please run with
> -ORBtraceInvocations 1 -ORBtraceThreadId 1 as well as -ORBtraceLevel

Unfortunately, I can not currently repeat that situation. That conditions do
not exist any more.
I will try to reproduce it specially later on.
Note also that nameclt shows exaclty the same behaviour - blocks trying to
list context with similar omniORB trace.

> 25. As far as I can see, the _is_a call caused by the narrow is being
> repeatedly forwarded to a non-existent location.

Yes, seems so. And there is 100% of CPU used (infinite loop in omni).

Seva