[omniORB] Implementation Repository

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Mar 16 13:45:28 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 9 March, ondrej at frcatel.fri.utc.sk wrote:

> The thing I am not able to do from Python is to create a sevant, which
> will serve ALL requests on its POA and is able to extract information such
> as hostname/IP, port, typeId and POA name (since these are relevant fields
> for me at this time to get ImR working) from the reference. I do this
> using DSI in C++.

If you're figuring out hostname and port (of the client?), and POA
identifiers, you must be using non-standard internal omniORB
interfaces, as well as just DSI.

>   I found in Python mapping for CORBA, that Python class
> PortableServer.DynamicImplementation (which I use from C++) should be
> implemented, but I can't find it in omniORBpy. I've been already thinking
> about adding it to omniORBpy, but I've never wrote a python extension so
> far, so it could take a serious amount of time.

omniORBpy doesn't support DSI (or DII). There are very few reasons to
need it, so I've never bothered to do the mapping.

I have to say, I don't understand what it is you are trying to do, or
why you need it for an ImR. Have you read the discussions we had about
an ImR a while ago?  Try searching for "implementation repository" and
"ImR" here:

  http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&as_sitesearch=omniorb-support.com