[omniORB] Assertion failed. Possible bug?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Mar 16 11:31:58 GMT 2004

Many moons ago, on Saturday 14 February, Mike Mascari wrote:

> I saw this in my application log the other day:
>
> omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application
> using omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself.
>   file: giopStrand.cc
>   line: 538
>   info: success
> omniORB: AsyncInvoker: Warning: unexpected exception caught while
> executing a task.
>
> Any clues?

Sorry I've only just got around to looking at this. Do you have any
other information about what was happening at the time?  The assertion
that is failing is that the last server thread for a network
connection is releasing the connection, but the counter that times out
idle connections has already started. I can imagine there may be a
race condition if multiple threads are serving a connection, but I
can't see anything wrong.