# [omniORB] Changing endPoint with options of ORB_init

Thomas Baron thomas.baron at dassault-aviation.fr
Mon Mar 15 17:45:31 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have to compile the program I'm working on, on AIX & Linux.
With 4.0.3 and OOpy 2.3, I'm suffering trouble (can't load module in
Python).
With 4.0.2 and OOpy 2.2, I found a way (not easily) to compile it but it
works :
- patching OO about codesets (as explicated in this ML a long time ago)
- patching python interpreter (to allow it to dynamically load
xlC-compiled extensions, that is, the OOpy module)
Doing the same with 4.0.3/2.3, I have Python dumping core at 'from
omniORB import CORBA'.

All that to say what ? I have to stay in 4.0.2 / 2.2 if I can't have
Python loading properly OOpy modules.

So, I see 2 solutions :
- Making OOpy 2.3 and OO 4.0.3 working (AIX 4.3.3 and 5.2, Python
2.3.0). Help welcomed :)
- Finding a way to confine OO to a given ports set in which to choose a
port to open for a server when no endpoint is specified. Help welcomed
too :p

Cheers,
Tom