[omniORB] error message coming from ORB.

shashi bhushan singh shashi_it13 at rediffmail.com
Sat Mar 13 07:11:41 GMT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi Alex/All,

Client and Server both are using OmniORB4.

Let me detail the secnario =>

A ---------------------->calls a method X on server ---->B

In function X, B calls a method using A's reference.

A <---------------------Calls method Y from within method X----B

A is killed now(Ctrl C).

B gets COMM_FAILURE while calling Y.After getting COMM_FAILURE, inside function X, B tries to fetch A's reference using a NamingService (...infinitely....) and keeps on calling Y using newly obtained references. As A is still down, B keeps on getting TRANSIENT exception. So in a way method X is not complete until B is able to get proper reference of A from naming service and call of Y is success.

But after some number of reries(~50), B dumps core with ORB throwing error message mentioned in previous mail.

I don't have any understanding of OmniORB code. Can you tell me what this check in the code means, so that I can somehow relate it to my scenario. It seems like some linked list operation ....,just guessing... :-)

Its a bit urgent. Any help is highly appreciated.

-Shashi