[omniORB] Problem with inheritance

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Wed Mar 10 14:36:35 GMT 2004

Hello all,

I'm not sure, whether this is a CORBA question or an omniORB one.
Anyway: I have a server with an interface A and a derived interface B.
The server implements interface B.  I have a client, that does have
only the IDL of interface A, so it does not know about interface B.
The client narrows the server reference successfully to A, but fails
on the first method invocation (that is, of course, part of interface
A).  If the client is compiled with both A and B, everything works
fine.  The server is omniORB 4.0.3 C++, the client is omniORB Python
2.3.  Is this behaviour according to the CORBA spec?  How can I solve
the problem?

Cheers, WB