[omniORB] omniidl backend: attribute Repository ID missing?

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Mon Mar 8 17:27:07 GMT 2004

Hello,

I'm writing a new omniidl backend (to populate omniifr). I think I've identified an omission in the omniidl backend API. In CORBA, each attribute has its own Repository ID and version [Ref: spec. v2.6 sections 10.5.3 &  10.5.21].

The backend API represents a set of attributes as an idllast.Attribute object. Individual attributes are distinguished only by name, as returned by the identifiers() method. There is no way of obtaining the Repository ID or version of the attributes. Currently I'm skirting the problem by extrapolating the Repository ID & version from that of the parent Interface. I'm not especially happy with this solution as it doesn't allow for different attribute versions within the interface.

Is this an omission, or have I missed something?

-Alex Tingle