[omniORB] Implementation Repository

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Mar 5 17:09:52 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 3 March, ondrej at frcatel.fri.utc.sk wrote:

> > Would it be possible to create/write an Implementation Repository written
> > in
> > Python for omniORBpy or does it have to be c++?
>
> I work on implementation repository for omniORB and I worry that it's
> not possible (at this time) to write it in Python because you need to
> access some omniORB internals to do IOR magic. Since I did not a deeper
> inspect on omniORBpy I can't tell you for sure.
>
> Maybe Duncan will open our eyes ... :-)

Maybe I will. But probably not in this email.

What do you need to do that you can't do from Python?  I'd suggest
writing as much of the code as possible in Python, since it's so much
easier to do the kinds of things an ImR needs to do from Python than
C++. If there are any things that need C++, they should either be
added to omniORBpy or put in a separate extension module.