[omniORB] differentiating Cos services libs install

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Mar 5 17:07:27 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 2 March, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> We could move to having versioned libraries in general (e.g.
> libCOS.so.4.0.3) and you have a good point with possible name conflicts
> with short library names like "libCOS". Duncan, do you have a strong
> preference on this or would you accept patches from someone like Rene
> which adds in a "uniqueness field" like "omni"? How about moving toward
> library versioning at some point?

For the RPMs, I'd suggest configuring the COS libraries to contain the
stubs for everything, since most often they'll be used on systems big
enough not to mind having big libraries.

As for the library names, I'm not sure why they are just called libCOS
etc, rather than libomniCOS. Just an accident of history. I'm happy
for them to be renamed, but not in the 4.0.x release cycle, since
renaming them now would break things. I'll rename them for 4.1.x.