[omniORB] Compiling on windows using mingw32

Christophe de VIENNE cdevienne at alphacent.com
Thu Mar 4 10:56:36 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to compile omniORB 4.0.3 under msys/mingw32.
Since the configure.ac does not detect mingw hosts, it does not work.
So I tried adding mingw detection, but got lost when editing
mk/beforeauto.mk. For example I don't know if I should define
UnixPlatform or Win32Platform. And the whole configuration system looked
quite complex.

Did anybody worked on this (I couldn't find anything with google) ?
Could you give me some hints to find my way in all this ?

By the way, is cross-compiling somehow possible ? and is there any plan
to use automake someday ?

Thanks,

Christophe