[omniORB] Fwd: How to make an application which is both an omniorb client and TAO server

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Tue Jun 29 08:54:56 BST 2004

>  I have a TAO 1.2.1 server which also has to act as a client of other servers.
> For this second level of commnunications I am trying to use omniORB-4.0.3.
> However trying to make the application simultaneously a TAO server and an
> omniORB client doesn't seem to work because there are conflicting types for
> various CORBA objects. My application must use both the omniORB corba
> libraries and the TAO corba libraries. How can I do this?

"Must use" both omniORB and TAO seems to be a rather arbitrary
requirement. Both ORBs have a reasonable feature set and both are
reliable. Both also work as clients and as servers. I've had great
success with both, but never a requirement to mix them together in a
single application. I do have a simple example app which can be compiled
against *either* omniORB or TAO, so I know the conventions for the two
ORBs are not that different.

I'd stick with TAO for the server.

                   - Tom