[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.3 port to Linux RHel WS on x86 64bit arch

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen at trema.com
Wed Jun 23 11:59:09 BST 2004

I suggest you first install gcc 3.3.3, (or even gcc 3.4.x), those have
a lot better C++ and AMD64 support.

It should autoconfigure pretty much out of the box then, if not, look
at config.log to see where it failed.

If you install gcc to /opt/gcc33, then for config:

$ CC=/opt/gcc33/bin/gcc CXX=/opt/gcc33/bin/g++ ./configure

-Harri

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 10:10, Frederic Prin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is someone tried to port omniORB 4.0.3 (and moniNotify) to this new
> platform (Rhel WS/ x86 64 bit AMD CPU) ?
>
> 	rhel3-64b{ config }:71 > uname -a
> 	Linux rhel3-64b 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3 17:39:19 EDT 2003
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> 	rhel3-64b{ config }:72 > cat /etc/redhat-release
> 	Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3 (Taroon)
>
> At this time I failed to build with autoconf  due to gcc 2.8.1 that
> is checked has unable to create executable:
>
> 	rhel3-64b{ .. }:84 > ./configure
> --prefix=/main/tmp/fredp/omni/omniORB-4.0.3-i386-linux-rh3-64
> --disable-thread-tracing PYTHON=/opt/local/bin/python
> 	checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> 	checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> 	checking for gcc... gcc
> 	checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C
> compiler cannot create executables
>
> Is someone knows what kind of build to use: autoconf or manual ?
> - If manual, what is the closest platform I can uncomment in
> config.mk and what compiler flag should I use in
> /mk/platforms/platform.mk - if autoconf what CC, CPP and LD should
> I pass to ./configure ?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Fred
>
>                               (
>      Frédéric Prin          )
>      Senior Software Engineer /
>           S I L V A C O      (
>      Grenoble REsearch CEnter \
>      Tel 04 56 38 10 33        )

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you received it in error, please let us know and delete the message from your system. This message may be confidential and may fall under the duty of non-disclosure. Any use by others than the intended addressee is prohibited. Trema shall not be liable for any damage related to the electronic transmission of this message, such as failure or delay of its delivery, interception or manipulation by third parties, or transmission of viruses or other malicious code.